Job Description: Marketing Consultant
The Society of Cannabis Clinicians (SCC) is a nonprofit association of physicians and
other healthcare providers. Our mission is to provide continuing education for our
patients, our colleagues, and ourselves about the medical use of cannabis and best
practices in clinical care.
The SCC is launching a new, advanced Medical Cannabis Clinical Curriculum. This
curriculum will enable clinicians to stay up-to-date on emerging topics within the field to
ensure that patients are receiving the best evidence-based treatment. These courses
will offer critical information absent from most professional training schools and from
continuing clinical education programs. Our modules integrate the latest cannabis
research and decades of combined clinical knowledge with over 20 hours of content by
experts delineating the underlying mechanisms of the endocannabinoid system, the
basics of laboratory analysis, and the therapeutic indications for a wide range of
The SCC wants to raise awareness of and market the new curriculum to a widening
range of providers and patients. At the same time, marketing of the SCC itself to
increase membership is also a priority. To this end the SCC is looking for a Marketing
Consultant to carry out the following tasks:
Primary Task: Marketing
- Identify targets and potential markets/customers for SCC educational materials
- Identify US states with emerging medical cannabis programs wanting to develop
mandatory training for clinical providers
- Conduct competitor research
- Develop an SCC marketing strategy and plan
- Create marketing and promotional material and activities
- Coordinate and direct marketing efforts
- Train SCC staff in marketing procedures and practice
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Organizational and communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Fundraising experience a plus
- Event planning experience a plus
- Experience with medicinal cannabis industry, legislation, and major
institutional/corporate agents a plus.
- The project period for this position is for up to 6 months with a stipend amount
that is dependent on experience. Inquire within for details.
- Estimated hours per week: 15-20.
- All work can be done remotely.
- The candidate will report to the SCC Program Director and work with the SCC
Education Committee and the Membership Coordinator.
- Facilitate the sales of SCC educational materials to healthcare providers,
professional associations, and other interested individuals.
- One-year marketing plan.
- Marketing and promotional materials.
- 10% increase in membership.
- Train staff and Board Members to follow through with marketing plan.
- Write report and presentation to Board of Directors on consultancy.
- Please submit cover letter, resume and examples of prior marketing experience using the form below.
- Finalists will be asked to provide a list of references from previous work.